Website terms and conditions
Use of this site is provided by Wood Green, The Animals Charity (WG) subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- WG reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe rights, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to WG are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will WG be liable for damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or negligence.
- WG does not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free from viruses or bugs represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from WG. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license by WG to use any item displayed. Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not WG). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- WG takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites.
- WG makes no guarantee that the animals featured in "Rehoming" will be available when visiting the Centres.
- Although the website uses encryption security software in areas where online payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the internet cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained by you when transmitting information by means of email or other internet links shall be borne solely and exclusively by you and in no event shall any such loss in whole or part be borne by WG or its agents.
- Any communication or material that you transmit or post on, any public area of the site including data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
Wood Green Enterprises
Wood Green Enterprises Limited is the trading arm of Wood Green, The Animals Charity, Registered Charity No. 298348.
Pet advice terms of engagement
Wood Green, The Animals Charity is committed to delivering high standards and treating all members of the public with respect, clarity, honesty and fairness;
All staff and volunteers that provide advice, support and guidance shall;
- Endeavour to maintain and develop their professional competence and work within its limits. Where the services they judge to be appropriate are outside of their personal competence, those services must be supplied from other colleagues who are appropriately skilled to provide them.
- Comply with the law including those that apply to animal welfare, data protection, health and safety and the environment. Take all reasonable steps to safeguard the security of any records they make, including those held on computer.
- Supply a summary of the discussions that have taken place during pre-booked consultations, including advice given, supporting resources available and recommendations for a follow-up call.
- Supply supplementary information relating to legal requirements relating to the specific species involved.
- Only make audio, video, or photographic recordings of recipients of services with the expressed agreement of those being recorded both to the recording being made and to the subsequent conditions of access to it.
- Value and have respect for all relevant evidence and the limits of such evidence when giving advice or expressing a professional opinion;
- Take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that diagnosis and treatment of medical disorders in an animal that may be associated with a problem behaviour are carried out by a veterinary surgeon or other person designated as appropriate by relevant legislation.
- In exceptional circumstances, where there is sufficient evidence to raise serious concern about the safety or interests of recipients of services, or about others who may be threatened by the recipient's behaviour, take such steps as are judged necessary to inform appropriate third parties without prior consent.
- Answer all reasonable questions about our charitable activities and costs. Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we will make clear how much of the purchase price we receive.
Customer complaints policy
Wood Green, The Animals Charity is committed to providing the highest standards of customer care. However, we appreciate that there may be occasions where we don’t get it right and we encourage anyone to get in touch to let us know so we can improve our service.
How to give feedback or make a complaint
You can contact us in several different ways:
- By phone: You can call us on 0300 303 9333. Our Supporter Relations team will be ready and willing to help. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 4.30pm.
- By email: Supporter.Relations@woodgreen.org.uk
- By post: Wood Green The Animals Charity, King’s Bush Farm, London Road, Godmanchester, Cambs PE29 2NH
Note: Please include your name, address and contact telephone number in your email or letter so that we can get back in touch with you easily. Please let us know if you are unhappy for us to do this and we will only use your details to reply to you.
What will Wood Green do with my feedback?
We always treat feedback, particularly a complaint, very seriously. Our Supporter Relations team will treat you with courtesy, fairness and discretion.
We aim to respond within five working days to any complaint. If we need to investigate further, we will let you know we’ve received your feedback and will tell you how long it will take to investigate. Where possible, the complaint will be investigated by someone who is independent of the events complained about.
What if I’m not satisfied?
Your feedback will be referred to a senior member of staff who will work to resolve the issue.
If your complaint is about fundraising and you feel we haven’t resolved your complaint, then you can contact the Fundraising Regulator for an independent investigation.
Contact details for the Fundraising Regulator are:
You can also change the way you hear from us at any time by contacting our Supporter Relations team or by visiting https://woodgreen.yourpreferencecentre.com
If your complaint is about our lottery or raffle, you can contact the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (www.ibas-uk.com) who will adjudicate on any dispute that has not been resolved to your satisfaction. IBAS can be contacted by phone on 020 7347 5883, by email at email@example.com or by post at Independent Betting Adjudication Service, PO Box 62639, London EC3P 3AS.